- According to some industry experts, 80 percent of the worldwide watch and jewelry turnover is generated at Baselworld, which is happening right now.
- Swiss exports are slowing. In 2013 they grew 1.9 percent, down from 11 percent in 2012.
- Watches exported at under 200 francs ($226 US at today’s exchange) made up 65 percent of the market.
- While still making up the highest percentage of unit exports, watches less than 200 francs ($226 US) also had the biggest yearly decline (-8.5 percent).
- Swatch Group posted an 8.3 percent increase in 2013 from last year.
- LVMH’s watch and jewelry category showed a decline of 1.8 percent in 2013.
- Europe and France together make up 34 percent of LVMH’s watch business. Asia contributes 40 percent.
- Asia continues to dominate the market with over 50 percent in value share.
 Henselder, Axel. 2014 March 27. “Looking Good: Swiss watch industry ticking along at record pace”. Baselworld Daily News.